Dentures can affect and change your life significantly. The way you eat, talk, and socialize may totally be different compared to when you had your real set of teeth still intact.
There can be a lot of problems connected to dentures that make life difficult for people who use them. A common complaint is about the lower dentures and how it easily dislodges in the mouth. The solution: dental-retention implants.
Denture-Retention Implants Fast Facts
- They are also called Mini-Implants.
- They are made of Titanium, which is the same metal used in bone and joint implants.
- They are smaller in size and less expensive than conventional denture implants.
- They are easier to place on the gums and heal faster compared to conventional implants. You can actually attach your lower dentures right after the procedure is done!
- They are FDA approved since 2002.
How Are Denture-Retention Implants Placed on the Gums?
First, your Kennewick dentist would need to prepare your gums for the procedure. You can either get a local anesthesia such as Novocaine or choose to remain conscious through an Oral or IV sedation. This is an in-office procedure and could be done between 2 to 3 hours.
Second, four mini-implants that closely resemble pins would be gently screwed into your lower jaw’s ridge. When they are completely in, the heads of these mini-implants would protrude above the gums.
Finally, after the implants are screwed nicely on your gums, your dentist can now attach the lower dentures via an “O-ring”. These O-rings, located underneath the lower dentures, are the parts that would SNAP onto the heads of the Titanium mini-implants. The result: tightly fit and locked lower dentures!
If you would like to know more about denture-retention implants and how they can help you regain your lifestyle, health, and confidence, then call our office today at 509-591-0515, or send us an e-mail inquiry to email@example.com.
Our experienced and knowledgeable Kennewick, WA dentist would be glad to answer your questions.