When you invest money in a financial product or your home, you are planning on a better future. That investment will give back more than you paid. When it comes to replacing missing teeth, dental implants are a fantastic investment that you’ll be making in yourself.
What Are Dental Implants?
These are long-lasting, durable ways to replace missing teeth. A replacement tooth is made to order, so it will look natural and beautiful in your smile. It will even match the color of your teeth. This is connected to a titanium root that is surgically placed in your gums and jawbone. This provides the same high level of strength and durability as your natural teeth.
Here’s how dental implants help you invest in yourself.
Investing In Your Health With Dental Implants
- You can eat healthy foods again. Missing a tooth or two makes it harder to bite and chew. Foods like bagels, cashews, and apples can be difficult to chew and eat. With a dental implant in place, you’ll be able to eat all of the foods you could before you lost a tooth. Not only does the implant add power to your bite, it’s so durable that it won’t come out while eating.
- You decrease your chances of tooth decay and gum disease. When you have a gap in your smile, tiny particles of food and drink can get stuck there. The bacteria behind tooth decay and gum disease live off those particles. Each gap you have is like a little restaurant for bacteria. A dental implant will fill that space with a replacement tooth so food won’t get stuck there so easily.
- You protect your jawbone against deterioration. Your natural teeth have roots that extend into the jawbone. Whenever you chew, vibrations travel from tooth to root and jawbone. This stimulation is needed. It keeps the bone tissue in your jaw healthy. When you have lost a tooth, that stimulation is also gone. Your jawbone will start to deteriorate. Because implants also go into the jawbone, it provides that stimulation. Your bone tissue will remain healthy.
Investing In Your Appearance With Dental Implants
- You get a full smile back. When people smile at you, you expect to see a full set of teeth. When you see a dark gap, you’re put off. What happened? Why hasn’t it been taken care of? That’s what people can think of when they look at your gap. When you have a dental implant in place, you have a replacement tooth that looks natural and healthy. Suddenly, your smile is back to how it should look.
- You keep the natural shape of your mouth. Your lips cover your teeth. That means your teeth help give shape to your lips and mouth. When you’re missing a tooth or two, the shape can change. Again, people will see that and wonder what’s going on. Dental implants help keep the original shape of your mouth by providing the same support the old tooth did.
- Your self-esteem improves. It’s hard to feel confident when you know you don’t look your best. The opposite is also true. When you know you’re looking good, your self-esteem gets stronger. When you replace a missing tooth with a dental implant, you regain the confidence lost when the tooth went missing.
Investing In Future Finances With Dental Implants
- You won’t have to buy special cleaners or tools. Some treatments to replace missing teeth require special care. You’ll need a tool to run floss underneath a dental bridge, for example. Some dentures require special cleaners. Dental implants can be treated like any natural tooth. You can brush and floss like normal.
- You won’t need to replace it anytime soon. Dental implants are designed to last 20 years or more. That’s one of the longest of any dental treatments out there. Dental bridges and dentures usually need replacing every 10 years or even sooner. With implants, you save money by not having to redo the treatment so often.
- You don’t need continued treatments in the near future. Likewise, some dental treatments need continued visits to our Kennewick, WA dental office to adjust or maintain it. Dental implants are not like that at all. Once placed, they should last a few decades without any help from Dr. Hadley.
With the benefits to your finances, health, and appearance, it’s no wonder why dental implants are so popular. If you are ready to invest in yourself, call us today at 509-591-0515.