I’m Afraid of the Dentist
If you’ve got dental anxiety, you may be self-conscious about it. But you needn’t feel that way! Dental anxiety is actually pretty common. Experts estimate that nearly 30 percent of people avoid visiting the dentist due to anxiety.
Whether your stress is due to a previous bad experience at the dentist or embarrassment over a neglected smile, our compassionate Marineland Dental Care team can put you at ease and help you beat your dental anxiety!
For a stress-free appointment, call our Kennewick, WA dentist office at 509-591-0515.
Pain-Free Technology Eases Dental Anxiety
We use technologies that remove discomfort from dental procedures and allow Dr. Walter Hadley to easily share what he sees so you can more actively participate in your treatment. Among the technologies we use:
- Intraoral camera. This handheld camera enables Dr. Hadley to share real-time, high-resolution visuals with you during your examination. This helps him make quick and accurate diagnoses and helps you better understand your situation.
- Air abrasion. This tool changes how Dr. Hadley repairs cavities and performs other procedures! No drill is needed – so you won’t experience the heat, noise, and grinding situation. Our tool uses a stream of air and tiny abrasive particles to painlessly perform the work of a drill.
- Soft tissue laser. Dr. Hadley uses this tool for procedures that might otherwise require a scalpel. In addition to making treatment quicker and easier, using a laser also promotes faster and more comfortable healing.
Dental Sedation Helps You Relax
If our comfortable atmosphere, top-notch technology, and friendly staff aren’t enough to help you relax, we also offer dental sedation. We use two types:
- Nitrous oxide. Also known as “laughing gas,” this is safe enough to be used on children. You’ll experience a mild euphoria that helps take your mind off your dental procedure.
- Oral sedation. Dr. Hadley will give you a sedative pill to take prior to your appointment. You’ll arrive relaxed and stay that way throughout your procedure.
To find out how sedation and advanced dental technology can ease your anxiety, call Marineland Dental Care at 509-591-0515 Or use our handy online form to book a visit to our Kennewick, WA dentist office.