Dentures Stay Put With Dental Implants
If your impression of dentures is based largely on ads for denture adhesives, you probably worry about keeping your dentures in place. And dentures can slip around in your mouth, especially as the fit of dentures changes over time due to natural changes in your jawbone structure.Dr Walter Hadley on Dentures with Implants
Your dentures will fit and feel better when secured with dental implants! They’ll stay in place without messy adhesives. And you’ll enjoy biting strength similar to your natural teeth, so you can enjoy favorite foods like apples and corn-on-the-cob.
If you want to discuss the difference dental implants with dentures can make, call our Kennewick, WA dentist office at 509-591-0515.
Pairing Dentures And Dental Implants For A Great Smile
The enhanced stability and better fit of dental implant dentures is one of their biggest benefits. But there are others as well:
- Strong bite. With no slippage as you eat, you can enjoy any foods you want!
- More flavorful meals. With dental implants, we can make a denture for your upper jaw that leaves more of your palate exposed. So you’ll be able to better taste your food.
- Less hassle. Traditional dentures typically require multiple fit adjustments over time. Dental implant dentures require fewer tweaks to maintain a good fit.
- Better oral health. With dental implants stimulating your jaw, you’ll maintain better bone density. So you won’t have that “shrunken” look that can age you beyond your years.
Securing Your Dentures In Different Ways
You can get dentures with implant in your upper jaw, lower jaw, or both. They work especially well in the lower jaw, where dentures are more prone to slippage.
We can securely attach your dentures with implants in different ways. We can use:
- Ball-retained dentures. With this method, both your implants and your denture have attachments. They snap together, and you can easily remove your dentures for cleaning and other maintenance.
- Bar-retained dentures. Your dental implants are attached to a thin but sturdy metal bar that follows the curve of your jawbone, and your dentures are secured to the bar. Again, you can remove your dentures when needed.
Dr. Walter Hadley has lots of experience working with dentures with implants. He’s happy to meet with you in our Kennewick, WA dentist office to discuss your options. To make an appointment, call 509-591-0515 or use our online form.